Around this time last year, I took the plunge and launched my SamiM Adventures travel blog. It has always been a dream of mine to run a travel blog but for some reason, I had hemmed-and-hawed about it for so many years. On a whim, I sat down and purchased the domain. Within a week, I had this site up and running. Once I have my mind set on something, I stayed up ALL the hours and worked on it to make it perfect! A year has passed by and oh, what an adventure it has been (see what I did there). This year I have traveled more and written more than I have ever before. Are y’all tired of hearing me blab?
From Savannah, Georgia to California, all the way to Europe, 2017 has been a good year.
- I walked through the art-covered neighborhood of Cabbagetown in ATL.
- I rode a horse on the beach of Jekyll Island.
- I walked amongst 20 million daffodils in Gibb’s Gardens, Georgia.
- I went to the only tea plantation in America and tasted different types.
- I stumbled upon a field of poppies and did not fall asleep like Dorothy.
- I climbed through old town Dubrovnik.
- I witnessed the breathtaking waterfall of Kravice Falls in Bosnia.
- I drove all over my favorite country of Montenegro.
- I roamed an abandoned castle in Albania.
- I visited the blue domes of Santorini.
- I tore my ACL completely on a plane between Greece and Switzerland.
- I was stranded at the Zurich hotel for 24 hours crying my eyes out like the big baby I am.
- I ordered my first room service meal.
- I hiked in the Georgia mountains.
- I walked through a field of sunflowers.
- I picked apples right off the tree in North Georgia.
- I glamped in an airstream in SoCal.
- I walked amongst the many colors of Salvation Mountain.
- I visited the desert exhibition of Seven Magic Mountains.
- I touched the canyon walls of Antelope Canyon.
- I saw the curve of Horseshoe Bend.
- I stood next to a insanely tall 17 feet tall saguaro cactus.
- I walked in 13 inches of snow.
- 57 travel journal entries
- 3380 visits to my website/ Average of 282 a month
- Social Media
- from 0 to 183 likes
- from 0 to 730 followers
- I want to find a way to connect with more fellow travelers and form a community.
- Learn more SEO in order to make my journal entries more visible to those who seek the same adventures.
- Check off some bucket list destinations such as Amsterdam and Lauterbrunnen.
- Reconquer Switzerland because my last trip was not how I want to remember that beautiful country.
- Return to Colorado and get a mountain lodge experience.
What you can do…
Follow me on social media:
Follow me on Facebook!
AND leave me comments and feedback and let me know what you love and don’t love. I enjoy interacting with everyone and I want to make sure that I am a relevant resource for everyone!
Where would you like to see SamiM Adventures go this year?